I guess I should write about this season’s ‘Real Housewives Of New York’ and their craziness. This is still my favorite Housewives franchise, and I think it’s because the gals have a wink-wink attitude towards everything – they know that above all, they deliver entertainment, and they deliver just that.
- Bethenny and Luanne. I was kind of sour on her tin the beginning, but in the dramatic ending, I am kind o back on her side. In the Luanne vs. Bethenny battle,. I am Team B. While Luann is certainly entertaining, I thought she may be crossing the line too much this year – I am not buying this whole engagement to Tom storyline. It screams fake fake fake to me, and that is most evident when after B gives her evidence of Tom’s cheating and she has that one-sided phone conversation, I cannot help but feel that she is pulling everyone’s leg. And that whole giddiness about the relationship – it just seems like bad soap opera acting. I mean, what is she, a twelve year old?
- Ramona – no story this year, mostly middle work and in the sidelines. She still made her presence felt, and her presence is always welcome, but she is probably being told by the producers to amp up the drama for next season.
- The Skinny Girl product placements are a bit much. yes, I know that Bethenny probably rejoined the cast for these, but at this point it is distracting.
- Jules – I don’t know, but I warmed up to her towards the end of the season. these girls are probably way over her head, but with her impending divorce, she has a ready made story for next season. i wonder if she gets cut, as rumoured. With the great ratings for this season, though, they may not want to tamper with the current chemistry.
- Dorinda. I like her, for sure, but her endless meddling and shit stirring and pretending that she isn’t involved is just making her unattractive to me. And slimy John – ewww.
- But all in all, these gals are still my gals